Friday, February 11, 2011

Favorite peachy (and coral) Lipglosses

Since I feel in the mood to have a little bit of sunshine around me and I want to fight the rainy and dark days here in Germany, I thought it would be appropriate to write a post about my favorite peachy/coral lipgloss colors, cause they always look like the fun springtime.




Here you have the swatches of the four lipglosses I’m going to talk about now:



So let’s get started…

ESPRIT-Styling XL Lip Plumper in GLOWY PINK



I’m in general not a big fan of lipglosses, which promise to make your lips look fuller. It’s the same with this one, but I just liked the color so much when I’ve seen it, that I didn’t paid much attention on what was written on the bottle. The feeling on the lips is a little uncomfortable, because it starts to tingle immediately. I think that’s what should give you the extra volume and it really does volumize. If you have sensitive lips, I would recommend to stay away from those ones, but the color is what I really love. And I like the finish as well. It looks really like gel, as if you would have a mirror on your lips. The smell of this is a bit weird, toothpaste is what comes to my mind. And actually this would make sense, because menthol is often used to archive this extra volume

RIMMEL-Vinyl Gloss (Voluptuously Shiny Lipgloss) in HIPPY SPIRIT



To pronounce this name is a pain, but I really love to use it. It also should add volume, but it works a little different than the Esprit-Version. It’s more a visual effect, archived by the glitter particles, instead of actually really adding volume to the lips.
The color is an intense orange, but it’s still wearable, because of the included shimmer, which takes a little bit of the intense color away.
The smell of this is so yummy, it’s a mixture of vanilla & exotic fruits & gummy bear.

MAC-Tinted Lipglass in PINK LEMONADE



This one is probably the most intense one, because it’s an opaque color. I wouldn’t wear this one if I feel in the mood for a neutral look, but I really love this color. It’s so fresh looking and it makes my face look more alive (if that makes sense). The quality and the staying power is the best in this case in comparison to the other three glosses. If I would have to pick my favorite , I guess it would be this one out of the four.

MAYBELLINE-Watershine Gloss in CHERRY PINK



This color is the perfect nude-peach. I like to use this for neutral looks, where I still don’t want to have a super boring color on my lips. So you can add a bit of color, without making it look to obvious.
The gloss looks pretty thick in the bottle, but once you have this on your lips, it looks sheer. And again, this one smells yummy. I would love to have a perfume, with this exact scent. It smells very sweet, but fruity.

I hope you like the colors and got some springtime inspiration…

No comments: