Sunday, March 25, 2012

Becca - Velveteen Eye Palette



I was very surprised when I've found this palette in one of my 'Glossybox' a couple of month ago. Through previous videos I had seen, I knew I wanted to try something from this brand, but was not interested in paying such a huge price, so I decided to skip an entry on my wishlist.
I was one of the lucky girls who got this palette, which by the time, I had already forgotten about and was really happy to hold it in my hands.


After the first swatches out of excitement, I loved the shades and wanted to try a makeup immedeately. I got to the point where I've tried all the shades except for 'Barbarelly', which is a matte black. So far I was really happy about the colours and their quality, but that quickly changed once 'Barbarelly' was on my brush.
Somehow this shade is just not working, the colour pay off is little to not noticable and an evenly looking application is not possible. After that first unsuccessful trial I decided to try it again with a tiny amount of water and use it as a cake liner, it certainly worked better than the dry application, but it still was not at all a good result.
I don't know what exactly this shade is meant for, but the consistency is so dry and densely pressed into the pot, that the idea of an cake liner is the only ourpose I could think of.
I stopped thinking about this black shade and just used the other colours, which are really nice neutral colors, even though they have the tendancy to create some fall off.

Now, let me show you the colors in detail...

Becca - Velveteen Eye Palette
ORGANZA
Becca - Velveteen Eye Palette
LUREX
Becca - Velveteen Eye Palette
CHINTZ
Becca - Velveteen Eye Palette
SHANTUNG
Becca - Velveteen Eye Palette
BARBARELLA


For a neutral makeup I actually really like to use the colors in this palette, but honestly I don't think that I would repurchase this one, or think about getting an addition palette with different shades. The colours are nice to work with, but still I find this palette too pricey.

Let me know what you think about the quality, if you already own it. I'm really interested in hearing what your experiences were with 'Barbarella'.

No comments: