Tuesday, July 20, 2010

All Time Favorites

A couple of days ago I have thought about, what I would do if certain things would not have been invented. This is nothing beauty related. But can you imagine what life would be without all these luxury-goods like Internet, airplanes, a stove and so on. Of course this is nothing necessary, but it’s making life easier and more fun, right?!
That made me think about beauty/makeup products I don’t want to miss. I know that there is definitely more important in life, but I like to have this little bit of luxury in my life (please don’t mind).

So here you have my “All time favorites”…

Clinique-Dramatically Different Moisturizer Lotion:
I cannot thank Clinique enough for offering this moisturizer! Before I have found this HG I had gone through a long period of super dry skin (my Neurodermatitis was showing up). Everything else I have tried was still not moisturizing enough or made me break out. The first time I put this lotion on, even without the other components of the skincare system, I immediately knew that this is the right product for me! I swear my skin felt never that healthy before & it never looked that good. As a real Dry-Skin person I can say that this moisturizer is doing its job and so much more.

Clinique-Redness Solution Urgent Relief Cream:
There are a bunch of products, which are meant to be a Redness-Killer. I have never tried one of these before, therefore this is nothing I can compare to others. This cream/gel formulation is the first one I have tried and there is no reason for me to check something different.
This is like an emergency key item. Sometimes my skin is super red. I don’t know what causes this, probably one of all my allergies. I don’t want to feel the need to put on foundation just to cover the redness and sometimes even foundation is not providing enough coverage. If I see in the morning that there is something wrong with my skin I put this product on and everything is fine. Within one minute all the redness is gone and I can feel the relief on my skin!!! Also this works amazing as a base for your following foundation. It’s going to look more even and it is easier to blend into the skin.

Bobbi Brown-Moisture Rich Foundation:
It’s not that long ago since I have bought this foundation. But this one offers everything I was hoping for. It’s like the ultimate foundation for me! It’s made for dry skin; it is not going to make me break out; provides medium coverage without covering me (if that makes sense) & I have finally found a foundation in the right shade (which is not so easy for an extremely pale person like me).

Urban Decay-Eyeshadow Primer Potion:
In my opinion using an eyeshadow base is a key step to create a nice eye makeup! I’m not saying that this one is the only one that works, but for me it’s working the best. The eyeshadows are easier to blend and will stay on much longer.

Artdeco- Mineral Kajal Liner
It’s not possible for me to decide for just one color, which I love the most. I love them all so far. They are great for sensitive eyes; they last the whole day & they are so inexpensive. The colors are great for adding some pop of color, when I’m not having the time to do a complex eye makeup.

Clinique-Lash Doubling Mascara:
I was a little disloyal recently, but know I have come back to this mascara. I do not really know why I’ve tried something different, I am completely fine with this mascara, probably I was just bored of using the same mascara for so long right now. It always gave me full & long lashes; never irritated my eyes; lasts all day & I love the real dark black color it’s adding to my lashes!
(I’ve also written an entire review about this mascara, which you can read here:
http://preciouslilies.blogspot.com/2009/11/clinique-lash-doubling-mascara.html )

NYX-Lip Lacquer Pot
This is like a 2-in-1 product for me. It’s like a lips balm, because of the moisturizing effect. But it’s also adding a nice sheer color to the lips. Maybe you can call it a tinted lip balm, even if it’s not meant to be one. If I have dry lips then wearing a lipstick/lipgloss is not the best option, cause my lips will look super chappy (even in combination with chapstick or some Vaseline). In those situations I love to use this product. Note: The “Lip Lacquer Pot” is hypoallergenic (that means good in case of sensitive lips)!

I’m very curious what your favorites are! What would you always repurchase? Please let me know!

No comments: