Monday, September 20, 2010

Holy Grail Foundation: Moisture Rich Foundation by Bobbi Brown


This has been my absolute favorite foundation since I got to try this about 3 month ago.
My make-up artist told me to try it, because it is especially made for dry skin and offers high coverage. The coverage was always a problem with my Supermoisture-Makeup by Clinique, so I was happy to find a better solution.
So far I love my Bobbi Brown foundation. But even if this foundation is made for dry skin and most of the time it’s working, it sometimes still is not dry skin friendly enough for me.
On some days my skin is just so horrible dry, therefore I will have patchy areas on my face and my skin starts to look flakey. But this shouldn’t say anything bad about this foundation. It just means that this one is not made for neurodermatitis prone skin.


Here you have a picture of me wearing the Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation in porcelaine.

I still consider the Moisture Rich Foundation being my holy grail, because it’s the first foundation ever, which provides the exact match to my super fair skin color and covers all the redness on my cheeks.
The finish is a very matt version and this is something you have to like and I do like that. But you have to keep in mind that this is probably not giving a glowing Beyonce skin.
It is easy to apply, it will always look even and not streaky at all. I like to describe it that way, that the foundation is going to marry your skin, cause you cannot even tell that you are wearing something on your face.

One note regarding the package/bottle: You need to get a pump, otherwise it’s just too annoying to get the right amount of product out of the container. But as far as I know Bobbi Brown is not producing these special pumps any longer. Before I got one of these pumps from my make-up artist (thank you Stef), I tried the ones from MAC. Believe me the MAC ones will not fit, even though it might be just because of one or two millimeters :(…so don’t even try!

I hope this helped if you already were thinking about trying this foundation to decide whether to go for it or not. And if you are struggling with your dry skin, I hope I could show you another option to deal with that problem.

No comments: