Friday, September 17, 2010

My Artdeco-Eyeshadow Palette

I’ve been asked a couple of weeks ago, if I could show my Artdeco-Eyeshadows. Since these eyeshadows are the ones I mostly work with for my tutorials, I thought that this would be a good idea. That would make it easier for me and you as well.
During my upcoming videos I could indicate, that you can see swatches and everything you need to know about the colors, on my blog. I don’t know if I’m going to make a video in addition to this post, I think photos are maybe the better option.
(If you really want to see my MAC-Eyeshadows as well, then let me know. I’m trying to avoid tutorials, which are based on MAC-Eyeshadows so far, but if you want to see those make-up ideas as well, then I will start doing them.)

Before I start to show you what I have collected, I thought it might be a good idea, to write a few words about the Artdeco-Eyeshadows.
First of all Artdeco offers hundreds of different shades and as far as I know they are divided into five different finishes: pearly, duochrome (iridescent), matt, glamour (glitter colors) and glam stars (metallic finish).
I love that you can search through all these different colors and every single time I look at them I recognize a new color, which I haven’t seen before (but I need this one immediately, of course).

The most interesting thing for you probably is the price. In Germany one pan costs € 4,80 ( the glamour colors cost a little more). I know that you can find them all over the world, but in Europe they are probably a little more famous. Artdeco products are available in beauty department stores and when you have access to www.douglas.de you can buy them online, too.
In my opinion the quality is amazing and even if they would cost € 5,- more, I would be still in love with them. I can’t really say anything negative about them. The only thing that comes to my mind is that some of the bright pearly colors are not having such a huge pigmentation, but this is a common problem. Once you have used an eyeshadow base, they will show up much more intense.
A few more pro’s:

+ they last all day
+ easy to blend
+ every color combination looks amazing (you can’t go wrong)
+ the colors look beautiful on taken pictures
+ you can build your own customized palette
+ no problems with irritated eyes or skin
Now I would like to start with what this post really is about: My Artdeco-Eyeshadow collection.


On the very first picture you can see my eyeshadows and the picture underneath shows a chart with all the names according to my colors stored in the palette.

And now I will continue with the swatches:


snow touch/rose skin (looks like peach in reality)/light grey beige/chocolate

brazilian coffee/dark grey mocha

iced winter rose/antique purple/red violet/aubergine
golden peach/golden olive/light pine green/moss green/green jewel/smokey blue night

mystical grey/stormy grey/anthracite/black
(I'm sorry that I can't show better pictures of "anthracite" & "black".They do not look so brownish/reddish in reality!)

One explanation is still missing. If you have asked before, what the codes in addition to the colors should tell you, then here comes the answer:
- If the code starts with a “0” then this is a pearly shade
- If the code starts with a “2” then this is a duochrome color
- If the code starts with a “5” then this is a matt color
- If the code starts with a “3” then this is a glamour color
- If the code starts with a “6” then this is a glam star color
The other numbers are just showing the individual color code, which works like an item number. If you are going to buy an eyeshadow, you will need the entire code, cause the name of the color is not shown on the pan.

I hope this was helpful and not to complicated. Maybe you already have experiences with the Artdeco-Eyeshadows, then let me know, what your favorites are.

I have to mention one more thing. The palette you can see here, is not made by Artdeco. Artdeco offers small palettes, but this was not an option for me. I’ve bought this palette from www.kosmetik-kosmo.de .

No comments: