Wednesday, September 22, 2010

40 Beauty Questions-TAG

If you are a YouTube-Fan and subscribed to Beauty-Channels you might have heard of this Tag. Since my Videos on YouTube are limited to max. 10 min, I thought that it would be tricky to answer all the 40 Questions in one video and I’m not such a big fan of uploading Part 1, Part 2 & maybe Part 3 separately.
My idea was to write a Blog-Post instead of filming a video, to answer the questions. I just don’t think it’s entertaining enough to listen to my voice for (round about) 30 min, but reading this post could be your evening literature before you go to bed. Wouldn’t that be nice?! ;)

If you don’t know this Tag, here is a little description. Basically you have to answer 40 questions, which are beauty related and fit either to the skincare or make-up category.

Let’s get started…


SKINCARE

How many times do you wash your face daily?
I wash my face twice each day.
In the morning & evening according to my skincare routine.

What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)
I have very dry and sensitive skin.

What is your current facial wash?
As a part of the Clinique-3 Step Skincare System, I’m using the liquid facial soap in extra mild for skin type 1.

Do you exfoliate?
Not in the meaning of doing a peeling. I use the Mild Clarifying Lotion by Clinique for very dry to dry skin, which is made for exfoliation.

What brand do you use?
Skincare related I’m just using products by Clinique. I am very limited, because of my allergies.

What moisturizer do you use?
I ‘m in love with the Clinique-Dramatically Different Moisturizer Lotion and if my skin is extremely dry I’m using Physiogel Intensive Crème for my face.
As a body lotion I’m using the Repair Lotion by Eucerin, which is made for Neurodermatitis affected skin and that is something I have to deal with.

Do you have freckles?
No, I don’t have freckles.

Do you use eye cream?
I got a sample recently by Bobbi Brown. I’ve used this sample a couple of times, but I’m not so sure what to think about it. But I have never used a cream especially made for the eye area before.

Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
No , I wouldn’t say that I had or have acne prone skin. I just have to deal with one pimple here and there from time to time.

Did you ever had to use Pro-activ?
No, but I know that proactive can help. I have to admit that I have no experiences with these products made on my own, but I know that it helped my friend. She hasn’t got rid of her acne, but pro-active helped her skin a lot. I still don’t know if I would decide for these products, because often acne is caused by hormonal reasons and in that case pro active is not going to work. Therefore I would recommend consulting a dermatologist first.


MAKE-UP

What foundation do you use?
For over a year I used Clinique-Supermoisture Makeup in combination with Maximum Cover Foundation by Estee Lauder for my reddish cheeks, where I need higher coverage.
A couple of month ago I bought the Moisture Rich Foundation by Bobbi Brown.
I’m constantly switching between these Foundations, depending on my skin condition.
How about concealer?
I'm using Mac-Select Moisturecover in NW 15 or NC20, that depends on how tan I am. That’s what I’m using for my undereye area. If I need to cover blemishs I’m using Bobbi Brown-Creamy Concealer.
Do you know your undertone color?
I’m not so sure honestly. I know how to find out what undertone color appears on your skin theoretically. You have to turn your wrist under side up and look at the color of your veins.
When they look bluish then you are supposed to have a cool undertone. When you are a warm undertone type then your veins are showing up green. If it’s hard to see your veins in general, that means that you are somehow a neutral undertone color type.
In my case I can see the veins, but they are a mixture of blue & green, so I have no idea what that means. But I think I’m more of a cool type.
What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I like seeing them worn by others, rather than on my own. I prefer the individual single lashes, when I put on some fake ones, because they are still looking a little more natural. If that makes any sense.
Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
I’ve heard about that theory, but honestly I use my mascara till I have the feeling, that it’s not doing a good job anymore. It would be a waste of money in my case, because I’m applying mascara max. 2-3 time per week and that means there would be too much product left in the container, if I would throw it away after 3 month.
What brand of mascara do you use?
I’m using mainly Clinique. But I also use Helena Rubinstein.
Sephora or MAC?
That’s so hard to say. I love all my MAC-Baby’s and I have never been to a Sephora-Store, so you might think that’s an easy decision. But when it comes to MAC products I just like their decorative cosmetic! There are so many things I really can’t/don’t want to life without, which are not by MAC. Therefore I think I would go for “my Sephora-Version” called Douglas, where you can nearly get everything beauty related.
Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
No, I don’t have one of these cards. I’m not a professional make-up artist, therefore it’s not possible for me. But I would love to have one, of course.
What makeup tools do you use in makeup application?
I’m using brushes, fingers & eyelash curler.
And when I do the makeup of another person, then I’m also using a card or something like that, to make the mascara applications a lot easier. But I don’t have to use that for myself.
Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
I do use an eyeshadow base, I’m using the one by Artdeco or the Urban Decay-Primer Potion. I’m a big fan of these bases.
For the face?
No and I never have tried one until yet.
What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?
I love the colour no 288 (aubergine) by Artdeco, which is a duochrome color. That’s surprising to me, because in general I prefer matte colors.
Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
I use both, but the liquid liner is something that I use very rarely.
How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
I would say never.
What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
I like them because of their luminance, but they are not working for me in combination with my sensitive eyes. No matter what kind of brand I’ve tried, pigments are always irritating my eyes in just a few minutes.
Do you use mineral makeup?
Yes, I do. I use a mineral powder by MAC and mineral kajal- & lipliner by Artdeco.
What is your favorite lipstick?
I can only say what brand I prefer and that would be ESPRIT. Because they offer so far the best lipsticks for dry lips in my opinion.
How about lipgloss?
I think I’m going to decide for NYX-Lip Lacquer Pot in sweetpea.
What is your favorite blush to use?
BOBBI BROWN-Bronzing Powder in golden light, even if it is not considered as a blush.
Do you buy your makeup on ebay?
No. I’m too afraid of buying an imitation.
Do you like drugstore makeup?
I don’t think that there is anything wrong with drugstore brands. But as I said before I have really sensitive skin & eyes as well. And I have to be really careful, with what I put on my face. The past has shown me that my skin somehow does not really like what the drugstore is offering. Therefore I’m concentrating on lipstick or nailpolish, when I look through the drugstore range.
Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets)
No. I have never heard about that before, but after some research I’ve decided to go there, if I would find something like that in my region.
Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
Yes, I already have.
Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
No, I don’t think so. At least I hope I’m not clumsy.
Name a makeup crime that you hate.
Normally I would say: “Do what you like to do”.
But there is one thing, I don’t like to see. I don’t like to see woman wearing black lipliner, with red lipstick. I don’t even know if that was common in other countries as well, but that was kind of a trend here in Germany, when I was little.
Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
That depends on my mood and the occasion.
Which celebrity always has great make up?
I love the style of Tyra Banks, Debra Messing, Jessica Simpson, Beyonce, Kate Hudson, Demi Moore & Holly Madison (even if I don’t know if you really can call her a celebrity). But there is one celebrity I cannot look at because of her makeup and that’s Katie Price, she is looking always so overdone.
If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item, what would you use?
Most of the time I’m leaving the house without any make up on. But if I would have to pick one, it would be lipstick in a colorful shade to add some fresh color to my face.
Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Yes. I do that nearly every day, because I do not really have another choice. Even if I already use products made for sensitive skin, I will have breakout problems, when I use foundation (and all the other things) more than 2-3 times a week.
Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
I do not feel confident, without any makeup on. But I think I still look somehow presentable.
In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
I really can’t decide. Skincare related it would be Clinique. When it comes to decorative cosmetic it’s probably MAC or Bobbi Brown or Artdeco. So you see, I obviously can’t decide.
What do you think of Makeup??
For me it’s major important, when I want to win some self-confidence. For example, when I have a huge presentation in front of hundreds of people, makeup is able to give me the strength that I need. Even if that might sound weird.
And I always have been a creative person, and playing with makeup is a nice way to show your creativity in my opinion.

1 comment:

El'Aundra Dolce said...

Hey doll!! I developed the idea for "Featured Followers by Elle© " This is how I promote all my followers, help them increase traffic to their blog & allow my followers to learn more about the blogs that I feature. There are 5 different programs. Check out my blog at www.edkdolce.blogspot.com to find out more!
♥ Elle