Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Some StreetStyle Inspirations

I love to work as a stylist for friends and family and even though I'm not working as a stylist professionally (at least not yet), I still get asked sometimes: "Where do you find your inspiration?"
Honestly, I don't really like those questions, because I can't really give you an answer to that! Inspiration is everywhere around you, you just have to learn to see something more in what is around you and try to imagine something you can work with. But that is easy said, when you don't really know where to look...and that's why I've picked this post for today.

I guess you've already heard, especially when we are talking about fashion, that a lot of people are finding inspiration by looking at the outfits of random peeps on the street. I'm one of those Public-Outfit-Viewers, too.
BUT keep in mind to try to find inspiration, you are looking for things giving you new ideas and not an invitation to copy someone's "creation".

Seeing what other people are wearing (and I'm not talking about judging, what someone has put on) makes we want to get creative and I feel some sort of passion for it. On the other hand I won't feel that much inspiration floating through me, when I'm looking at fashion magazines. I'm sure that's because I know there was so much money involved to find the perfect outfits to show the future customers, which makes it less fascinating to me.

Okay, enough of the rambling ;)
I'm searching through the internet from time to time, to see those StreetStyle-Pics of Fashion-Lovers and I've put together a little summary of my favorites.
(Please click on the image to enlarge it)


Now you have a couple of pictures to get creative with, but maybe you still want some hints to realize what is so special about these outfits:

- all of the girls played with different materials
- they combined various layers of garments
- you can see very bright/intense colors combined to one outfit
- the girls wear different styles at the same time (for example feminine & sportive)

And most importantly the girls are confident about what they are wearing, which makes the outfits look perfect and I wouldn't change anything...

I want to show you a little more in detail, what exactly inspires me by talking/writing about this following outfit.


Just have a look at the rusty-red thights and now imagine what the outfit would look like without the red thights.
It still would look wearable, but actually a bit boring and not so special in my opinion. That's why I always like to say, that the little details are making the difference.
Since we are already talking about the red thights, I like to mention the dark blue jacket and that little yellow piece of a plastic bag (I suppose it's a plastic bag), as well. This lady just followed a simple rule from colour-theory: The three primary-colours (red,blue & yellow) are always working together, they compliment each other, weather you like those colours or not.
And it might has happened by accident, but she also contolled the colour-weight: Yellow is a heavy colour, because of it's brightness you won't need much to make it recognizable, that's why this little yellowish piece is just perfect. Imagine what the outfit would look like, with yellow thights instead of the red ones. For my taste that would be way too much of such an intense colour.
Again: The little details are making the difference and I just love it!!!

I want to come to an end right now, because this post was just meant to be an inspiration to find inspiration (if that makes sense) :)

I hope this was a little help for you and you feel the power of creativity starting to burn inside of you...


Let me know, what inspires you the most!

No comments: