Saturday, October 9, 2010

Halloween-Tutorial: Alexis "The Beast" Carrington

I’ve uploaded a new Video to my YouTube-Channel and this is the very first of my planned “Halloween”-Tutorials. I don’t know how many additional Tutorials I’m able to create, because of a constant lack of time. I hope there are going to be at least 2 more “Halloween”-Looks, since I have a couple of nice ideas made up in my mind…

Since I’m a huge fan of old “soap-operas” I wanted to do a Halloween-Tutorial inspired by one of the television legends and my pick was Alexis Carrington from Dynasty. You know the good old “Beast”, that basically every soap opera somehow includes to their cast, but in my opinion there was never a “Beast” as good as Alexis.
Even though no one really likes the mean and teasing characters, they always have their fans and are still unforgotten.

Make-up wise this Tutorial is showing the typical 80’s look. I would like to describe it as “TOO MUCH OF EVERYTHING” and definitely not wearable anymore for everyday, but fun to wear for special occasion like a Costume-Party and Halloween.

Here you have the pictures I used as an inspirational help…




And here you have the sneak peek of the video, showing you how to do the “Alexis-look”… (if you want to see the entire video, please visit my YouTube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PreciousLilies?feature=mhum )





As I have promised in the video I’m giving you the list of products used for this look and a little summary of its purpose:

EYES:
Artdeco-Eyeshadows:
o No 46 (for highlighting underneath the eyebrows + inner half of lid + tear duck)
o No 287 (all over the lid + crease + lower lash line)
o No 288 (upper & lower lash line)
o No 503 (thin line on upper & lower lash line)
Artdeco-Mineral Kajal Liner no 98 (waterline)
Clinique-Cream Shaper For Eyes no 1/black (upper & lower lash line)
Clinique-Lash Doubling Mascara no 1/black (upper & lower lashes)

LIPS:
Jade Maybelline-Moisturizing Lip Liner no 54/bordeaux (contour of lips)
Esprit-Moisture Color Lipstick no 208/bohemian pink (all over lip color)
Esprit- Moisture Color Lipstick no 200/cute rose (centre of lips)

BLUSH:
Bobbi Brown-Bronzing Powder no 1/golden light (first blush color + contouring)
Bobbi Brown-Blush in no 10/blushed (top blush color)


That’s it for now…have fun with this look…:)

NOTE: I do not own the copy right of the picture from Joan Collins.

No comments: