Monday, October 25, 2010

MAC-Mineral Skinfinish Natural


I think that there are already enough reviews about these powders, but I wanted to write one for a specific reason.

This should help all the people out there who have really dry skin and normally have to stay away from powders in general.
When you have dry skin, then powder can sometimes cause patchy areas on your skin. This is not looking nice and definitely this is far away from the glowy skin we are all trying to reach for.

Sometimes I hear people say: “Why do you want to use powder, you are not going to have any shine on your face?!” Well, probably that’s true. Normally (as long as I’m not sweating) I won’t have shiny parts, but preventing this is not the only purpose of powder. Powder is also used to sat your foundation, to make it last longer.
AND I know that some people (and I’m also talking about men), do not want to use liquid foundation for several reasons, but they still want to have something to put on their skin!

If you are struggling with powder because of your dry skin, then please try a mineralized powder! You don’t have to use this MAC version (e.g. the Laura Mercier one is also great).
Powders based on minerals are working regardless which skintype you have, but it’s especially great for the dryer ones.

Let me say one important thing: This powder is not giving you high coverage. However it is able to make your skin look nice! If you have very problematic skin, you probably won’t feel satisfied by just using this powder, but it will make your skin look better.
I for one, will still have the redness on my cheeks showing through (that’s why I use my foundation underneath), but my skin is somehow looking very even! I don’t know exactly how this works, but it gives me this healthy look…

I’ve heard a couple of times, that the mineralized powders by MAC are not really mineral based. The minerals included would represent just a little portion of the powder, but I can’t check if that is true!

I can say that this is the powder I’ve been using for a couple of month and I really like the quality of it.

Thumbs up for minerals ;o)



No comments: