Thursday, February 10, 2011

Eyeshadows in a stick?

I love this form of eyeshadows and now we have a less expensive alternative to MAC’s Shade-Sticks: MAYBELLINE NEW YORK-COLOR DEFINER WATERPROOF SHADOW STICK.



I’m really impressed by these ones and let me tell you why:
- You can chose between a good color range.
- There are very nice highlighter colors as well.
- Available in the drugstore, so they are easy to get.
- Maybelline’s version is less expensive than MAC’s Shade-Sticks and the quality is almost alike.

Sound’s great right?!

I haven’t noticed any negative aspects, but I know that there are two things, which might could be a negativity to some of you:
- There are just shimmery colors available so far and I know that some girls don’t like shimmer at all on their lids.
I also prefer the matte shades most of the time, but especially for highlighting I think that something light reflecting is a benefit.
- These Shadow-Sticks are waterproof. I don’t really know why, but I do know that a lot of girls don’t like waterproof makeup products.
The reason could be that it’s harder to remove, when you want to take off your makeup. On the other hand, waterproof products offer in my opinion (most of the time) more lasting power during the day.

And I really enjoy the fact, that Maybelline included sharpeners. It would be amiss if you would have to buy an extra sharpener for bigger sized pencils just because of these sticks, if you normally don’t use those. It’s nice that they have thought about this customer friendly idea!



But now let’s come to the most important part, the swatches:



You can also get fun colors like a lavender and a pea green, which might be added to my collection soon.

I hope you’ll like these as much as I do…

Have a nice day :)

No comments: