Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Maybelline Jade - Eye Makeup Remover

My semester break has just started and now I finally have the time again to write a new post for my blog :)

I’ve got a lot of new products during the past weeks/months and I actually didn’t knew, which product I should review first.
Since this is a predominantly beauty/makeup related blog I thought it would be nice to start with something that actually is made for removing all the makeup: Maybelline Jade-Eye Makeup Remover (for waterproof makeup).



To be honest with you I don’t use anything specific lately to remove the makeup on my facial skin anymore (I’ve normally used some Bebe Makeup-Wipes), but I definitely need something other than water and a washcloth to remove my mascara et cetera.

During my London-Vacation I got a sample of the “Take The Day Off” Makeup Remover by Clinique. I really liked it a lot and wanted to purchase the original bottle, but I was just not willing to spend €19,- on this product for 125 ml. So I started to search for a cheaper alternative and ended up getting the Maybelline version, which I even like so much more!

Why do I prefer this one, over the more expensive remover?
- You will need less product (The Clinique Makeup Remover was not very efficient).
- You will get rid of your makeup faster.
- It’s gentler to your eye area (You have to rub less intensive).
- The skin around the eyes feels very nice afterwards.
- It’s less expensive! (One bottle costs just € 3-4 for the same amount of product).

And for all the people, who have sensitive eyes like me: It’s perfume free, non-irritating and save to use with contacts.


As you can see this bottle contains two different liquids (white and blue), so you have to shake…shake…shake before usage (but actually I figured out, that it also works great without mixing both liquids through shaking.)

I haven’t tried the non-waterproof version, because it wouldn’t make sense since my mascara is waterproof. That’s why I can’t tell you if both are equally good, but I’m super duper happy with my waterproof edition.

In some other parts of the world there is a pink version available by Jade Maybelline, which is from their “Expert Eyes”-Line, but I really don’t know if it would be the same.

I’m sure there are tons of different Eye Makeup removers, so please let me know your favorite one.

No comments: